Friday, July 8, 2011

The Hymn Project: #222 Hear Thou Our Hymn, O Lord

First, let me say, I have not been slacking. At least as far as hymn learning goes. But I've been too busy to blog! To reduce confusion, I will post date the ones I'm behind on, even though I'm doing all the posts in one day.



Hear thou our hymn, O Lord,
With thankful hearts we pray.
Help us thy will to follow now,
And walk the narrow way.

Keep thou our hearts aglow
With thy eternal word.
Give us thy S[irit ev'ry hour,
We ask thee gracious Lord.

Short, sweet and to the point.  Music and words by the same guy, Frank W. Asper.  He was a MoTab organist for a while (pre-Clay Christiansen?) and wrote 7 other hymns that I will be memorizing:

  • 132 - God Is in His Holy Temple - music[4]
  • 176 - 'Tis Sweet to Sing the Matchless Love - music[5]
  • 189 - O Thou, Before the World Began - music[6]
  • 222 - Hear Thou Our Hymn, O Lord - words and music[7]
  • 245 - This House We Dedicate to Thee - music[8]
  • 257 - Rejoice! A Glorious Sound Is Heard - music[9]
  • 323 - Rise Up, O Men of God (Men's Choir) - music[10]

Happy hymning!


No comments: