Friday, June 14, 2013

Just Another Manic Monday, or Angels Among Us


We had a car accident.

It happened Monday, June 3rd, as I was taking Julie, Katie, Layton, and Mallie back to their mom, Beth, and Lorelai was with me also.  I was waiting to turn left, the light turned yellow, I checked for cars and started turning, and then we were hit.

I'll never forget the screech of tires or the screaming of the kids.

The first blessing I recognized was that the accident happened RIGHT IN FRONT OF an off-duty police officer, which enabled us to have help on-scene in the shortest amount of time possible, without my having to call and report.  This enable me to talk to, comfort, and pray with the kids while we waited for help.

Before I show you pictures of the car (taken Monday at the towing place), let me assure you that all of us are alive and well and on the mend.  It is nothing short of a miracle.

























By all accounts, police, witnesses, insurance guy, several of us should be dead or seriously injured.  What were the actual damages?  Mostly bruising, some glass cuts, one kid with stitches/stapes, and one broken arm.

Most of my readers should already know that I'm LDS.  (If you didn't know, I apologize; now you know!)  Beth called on some priesthood holders to give Katie a blessing (she had the broken arm), and in it was mentioned that we all had angels there protecting us.  I have also since learned that one of Seth's brothers was prompted the night before to pray for our family.  After living through this, and seeing the pictures after, there is NO DOUBT in my mind that we were divinely protected.  How are we all doing now?  Here are some pictures:


Mommy and baby, just fine


Healed enough to smile!  Love it!


Stitches? Staples? Sling? No problem.

What bit lip? All smiles.

Happy, crazy Mallie!

Limp gone, ready to play!


I was very blessed to have my older 3 at home, and they were watched over by our downstairs neighbor, Brighton.  Seth was able to borrow a car from a co-worker so he could come to us, which she has graciously allowed us to keep until we can get a new car of our own.  Between Brighton and Marian, the secretary at Seth's job who also happens to be in our ward, word quickly spread to our bishop who mobilized the Relief Society (his wife is the first counselor), and we soon had dinners for the next couple days so I could rest.  Beth and Jake were fantastic hosts, better than I felt I deserved, and we were able to get to know each other better, which was great.

We were blessed right and left and all around in every way imaginable through this whole ordeal, and we thank our Heavenly Father every day for the tremendous miracles and blessings he has showered on us.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

SO happy you were all safe! Thank goodness for divine intervention!

Jeremy and Cindy said...

How scary! Glad to hear everyone is okay. You are looking good. Hope the rest of the pregnancy goes well.

Jan Martin said...

From Jan Martin: When we got "the call" it felt like my heart was ripped out. By the time we made it to Utah from AZ, everyone was out of the hospital and on the mend. There is power in prayer. We pray for you every day...so now, we pray more--for the generous lady who lent you her car, for the angels who surrounded you, that you'll be able to get a van to transport your family, and lots more. Most especially we thank the Lord that all of you are alive, doing well, and exceeding doctors' expectations. We love you! Thank you, Heavenly Father.