Monday, May 30, 2011

Today's Adventure: Climbing the Playset (and not like you think)

Kael has always been my mountain goat. Elizabeth got stopped by a pile of laundry; Kael climbed over it. Kael also knows how to climb the supports for the patio, and was the first to climb the wall in the backyard.  Today, he thought he could climb across the playset.  You know, the part that holds the swings up? Yup.  And then he thought he'd shinny down the rope for a different kind of swing at the end. Didn't quite work that way.

So there I am in the kitchen, getting my breakfast ready, when I hear these yells from outside. Come to find out it's Kael, at the end of the swingset bar, freaked out and "stuck." I put that in quotes because that's what he  thought, but he really wasn't. I ended up coaching him to go backwards. He was freaked out at first, but he grew more confident, and did finally make it back. He said, "Mom, I was really scared! I'll never do that again."

Elizabeth said, "I'm never doing that."

Good, but... yeah, right.

No comments: