Sunday, February 1, 2009

Sir Sick-a-lot

What a week! Last Sunday, I stayed home with Elizabeth because she said she didn't feel well enough to go to church, which is a big deal for her, because she LOVES church. And then Tristan stayed home too because Matt had to teach in Priesthood and he couldn't take care of Tristan at the same time. Then the next day, Kael woke up puking. Then Friday, Elizabeth woke up puking. And now today, another Sunday, Tristan woke up puking, so here I am, at my computer, instead of at church. Sad day, too, because today is the Presidency message in Relief Society and that's usually one of my favorite Sundays. That and 3rd Sundays, I believe... whenever Nita Miller teaches, she's awesome.

I read an article in my latest Parenting magazine about how kids are sick an average of 10 times a year with various colds, flus or other bugs. I kept thinking to myself, wow, my kids are sick A LOT. But then I thought about it a little more, and individually, they're not sick any more than normal, it just seems that way, because there are 3 of them getting sick the average number of times. That's an average of 1 sick kid a week for 2 weeks, and then one week off, as opposed to having just one, which averages once a month or less. Does this mean when I have another child that I will always have at least one who is sick? Oy to the vey.

No comments: