Monday, September 14, 2009

Recipes: Mediterranean Past Bake

I came up with this last week, when I realized that I'd forgotten (again) to make another dish that needed to marinate for a while (gazpacho... yum!). I looked in the pantry and freezer and this is what I came up with... hope you like it!

Mediterranean Pasta Bake

1 pound penne or rotini
1 jar spaghetti sauce (about 2-3 cups)
1 can artichoke hearts, quartered
2/3 cup sliced black olives (Kalamata would work well too... but I didn't have any)
1 cup Mozzarella cheese, shredded
4 oz Feta cheese (optional)

Cook pasta according to directions, only to al dente... no softer!

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

When pasta is done, drain pasta, reserving 1/2 cup of the cooking water, in case you need more moisture. Put pasta in lightly greased 13x9 baking pan. Add sauce, olives, and artichokes, and Feta cheese, if desired. Stir to combine. Top with Mozzarella. Tent with foil.

Bake for 20 minutes, until cheese is nice and melty, and noodles are heated through. Remove from oven and let cool 5 minutes. Serve hot with your favorite green vegetable and garlic bread, if you like.


Let me know if this recipe works for you! Make sure to comment, and give it an adjective. See below post.

No comments: