Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Sadness Strikes the Baugh Home

The unlucky number 13 brought with him a saddening and terrible news today. We went to the baby doctor for the regular check up and to listen to the heartbeat. The first simple scanner didn't pick anything up, so we went for the ultrasound. I remember how it was with the other three, you look inside and find a cute baby body and right in the middle you see this tiny circle with a line that flickers back and forth. Just like always, there was the baby, cute little head, small hands and feet tucked closely to the body and a strong backbone. But this is where it differed from the last three. The flicker was gone. No circle. No line. No movement. It's hard for anyone to see such a small thing motionless, especially when it's the one thing that has caused nausea, pain, discomfort, but most of all a portion of your heart to open wide and love to fill it. Quite poetic to think that the sign of this baby not making its full term is the same thing that breaks for me. Your love and prayers are welcome at anytime. Thank you for your concern.

2 comments:

Marc and Liz Anson said...

I'm so sorry Arienne!! I wish there was more that I could say or do for you. I'll keep you and your family in my prayers.

Caralee and Jon said...

Oh, I'm so sorry Arienne! My prayers will be with you. I'm sorry you have to go through this. I know how sad it can be. I love you. Take care of yourself okay!